About the Brainchild Foundation
The Brainchild Foundation is a national charitable organisation that has been assisting families since 2010. We support and educate those who have children who are affected by brain and spinal cord tumours.
The Foundation is a community of medical professionals, dedicated parents and friends of children affected by this life-threatening disease who volunteer their time to make a difference.
To raise awareness of brain and spinal tumours in children and to build a community of supporters committed to finding a cure.
To provide support to affected children and their families.
- With the help of Hospital Social Workers Brainchild provides financial assistance to families to cope with ongoing costs while their child is undergoing treatment.
- Support of bereaved families through the provision of emergency financial assistance in their time of need, including funeral support.
- Family camps and beachside retreats for families to relax and make some happy family memories.
- Tutoring scholarships to support the educational needs of students with brain and spinal cord tumours by providing funding for individual tutoring on completion of treatment with one hour tutoring per week for 40 weeks. APPLY HERE.
To promote ground breaking research into the causes and treatments of these tumours.
- Brainchild actively seeks collaborative studies where our contribution can be combined with other funding to produce a greater outcome.
- All projects receiving funding are carefully monitored on and ongoing basis.
To improve the treatment and outcomes for children with brain and spinal cord tumours.
To raise vital funds to help achieve all of these critical goals.
To find out how we can support your family, please contact your Hospital Social or Welfare worker, who will refer you to us. We will then be able to assist you with emergency financial aid, respite and tutoring.