The Board of Brainchild Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which
the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or
indirectly identifies a person.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for Brainchild Foundation in dealing with privacy
Brainchild Foundation collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of
providing emergency financial support for families who have a child with a brain or spinal cord tumour. We also support those young people post treatment as they return to school. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
Brainchild Foundation recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered
Brainchild Foundation is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling
information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in
relation to handling personal information.
Brainchild Foundation will
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.