1300 272 462
What are the camps like?
- Brainchild family camp is usually held in SE QLD in the middle of June each year.
- The fun starts on Friday night until lunch time on Sunday.
- Each family has their own bunk bed cabin/room.
- Outdoor activities are guided by staff.
- Brainchild will also run creative /arts and craft for those wanting a slower pace.
- All meals are provided including morning and afternoon tea.
- Marshmallows around an open firepit is a must.
- It is FREE for all of the family.
What you need to do to register your interest.
- Complete the application form link.
- Eligibility is for any young person (and their family) with a brain or spinal cord tumour, who has completed treatment at least 3 months prior to camp.
- There are activities for all ages and abilities, but please let us know on the application form if your child has special needs.
- Numbers are limited each year so please complete your application as early as you can.
What has been said in the past
It’s been great, I had a great time making new friends and conquering my fear of heights on the zip line, rock climbing and abseiling.
Activities were very engaging and fun, Karen was always fun and great to be around. Accommodation was very comfortable. The food was 5 stars!
Was really great to see other people there similar to me.
The camp was super cool.
Its great coming to a Brainchild Camp and getting away from the usual routines and getting the kids off screen and have some fun together. I enjoy the mix of activities and being able to try lots of different things in a very relaxed environment, while having the opportunity to meet different families with different stories
We would like to say thank you, everyone, was so respectful and friendly, the staff were amazing, the activities are great for all abilities.
One of the best “community feel” camps we’ve been to. The right number of activities to allow the parents and children to interact. Loved seeing the kids enjoy themselves.