1300 272 462
Jimmy’s 22 Million Steps for Kids Brain Cancer will be held again during May 2020, and we invite your school to help Jimmy and our individual steppers to raise funds and awareness for children with brain cancer.
This is a fun and worthwhile way for students to give back to their community and make a real difference in the lives of sick children. Collectively we aim to walk 22 million steps and in doing so, replicate Jimmy Harrington’s original walk around Australia whilst raising awareness and funds for children with brain tumours. This is a nationwide event and we encourage all schools to get involved and have some fun.
Although held during the month of May (Brain Cancer Awareness Month) you will be able to register one or more school teams to participate from January 2020. You may wish to register the whole school or break it down into classes or House groups to add a little competition for the students. Each team chooses the number of steps they aim to take and what their fundraising target will be, and the steps can be done at a school based stepathon or individually by the students in their own time during May.
Participation in Jimmy’s 22 Million Steps can be beneficial to your students in many ways:
- Teaching students responsibility and teamwork
- Goal setting and planning
- Reinforcing math skills through the setting and tracking of step targets and managing donations
- Empowering children with the ability to make a positive change
- Giving them a better understanding of civic responsibility and passion for a cause
- Teaching students to think outside of the box
- Taking on leadership roles and learning to communicate and negotiate with others
Let’s Step up and make a difference together.